Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Visitor
My Device: Don't Have One
My Carrier: O2 - UK

A Blackberry User is Registered with My Email Address

I'm posting here as an attempt to try and resolve a simple problem that the Blackberry 'Help' Twitter account seems unable to grasp.

Background: I am not a Blackberry user, I have no Blackberry device, I have never owned a Blackberry device, I have no plans to ever own a Blackberry device.

I am not registered on any Blackberry network or service (except for this forum, and only because it's seemingly impossible to contact any form of support unless I'm part of any of the above).

With me so far? You should be, it's quite simple.

I keep receiving purchase receipts to my email address, billed in South African Rand (ZAR). Obviously I have not made these purchases, because I do not have a Blackberry device. And I'm in the UK, which makes the South African connection all the more bizarre.

Clearly someone is registered on the Blackberry network with my email address and I would like this corrected.

I find it ridiculous that I have to verify my email to post on this forum, and yet someone has clearly signed up to the service with the wrong email address and is operating their account without getting any notifications or purchase receipts.

Please can I have this issue resolved, or have someone contact me by email to discuss? The Blackberry Help Twitter account suggested I contact my carrier to resolve, but this is so far removed from being a carrier issue it's not even funny.

Thanks in advance.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: A Blackberry User is Registered with My Email Address

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. Unfortunately, all it means is that this forum is not a formal venue for you to seek help with your issue. Further, this forum and other BB accounts are not linked...so the situation you have is entirely possible. But, the fault is that of the person who used your email account in registering their other BB account...no one else really is to "blame" here. It is actually quite altruistic of you to desire to help them out of their situation, but due to a variety of privacy rules, I'd suspect that you actually wouldn't be able to get very far with your attempts.

Further, from what I can see, your perspective would be that this is a mere annoyance...there is no action required of you whatsoever. Indeed, you could simply place a rule on your email server/client to immediately delete these emails that are coming to you. Eventually, the person who made the mistake will indeed come up against a situation where they will notice their error...and, at that time, we can guide them to the steps they'd need to take to remedy it.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code