Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

Activation Code for QuickLaunch no longer works

I had to switch out Tours about 3 times in the past two weeks with VZW due to hardware issues with the phones.  Today I had to request support to fix My World login due to PIN being exceeded.

Now when I log in and I see my purchased application I am unable to activate it due to having an invalid activation code. When I contacted support from the coder I was advised to open a ticket with RIM for this.

Well when I try to open a ticket I get invalid PIN when submitting the ticket.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Activation Code for QuickLaunch no longer works

Hi there!

There are some issues with PINs being rejected on the forms at the moment -- mine has only recently been fixed, so don't feel like you are singled out. To remedy, there is a special procedure that RIM has allowed us to provide...but it cannot be posted in these public forums. Therefore, please check your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with instructions as to how you need to proceed.

Sorry about the troubles, but RIM assures us they are working on it.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks I have followed instructions in PM. I am awaiting resolution. I know this is the weekend so I will start worrying around tuesday or wednesday.
My Device: Not Specified

i am having the same problem...  i had to switch out a storm for a new one. followed the advice of the creator and they told me to get on here and fill out a rim.. new to this what is a rim
Contributor

RIM = Research in Motion

They are the people behind Blackberry

Hall of Famer II

becker2099 wrote:
i am having the same problem...  i had to switch out a storm for a new one. followed the advice of the creator and they told me to get on here and fill out a rim.. new to this what is a rim

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums. Be sure to also include the reason why you have exceeded your maximum allowable PIN associations to AppWorld (e.g., multiple RMA, warranty replacement, etc.).

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I think I've tried everything to get QuickLaunch up an running again on my warranty replacement due to defect on my Storm.

Any solution to getting the activation code to accept the code?  I'm baffeled on how to get App World to get a usable app again.  I've deleted App World and reinstalled, logged back in and reinstalled QuickLaunch.  Every time I've copied my license back into the the activation code area.  A total mystery, any help would be great!

Hall of Famer II

dbornstein wrote:

I think I've tried everything to get QuickLaunch up an running again on my warranty replacement due to defect on my Storm.

Any solution to getting the activation code to accept the code?  I'm baffeled on how to get App World to get a usable app again.  I've deleted App World and reinstalled, logged back in and reinstalled QuickLaunch.  Every time I've copied my license back into the the activation code area.  A total mystery, any help would be great!

Hi there!

To re-install your apps, please follow this section of the AppWorld user guide:

For more registration key information, see this KB:

In some cases, it has been discovered that updates/reinstalls (from AppWorld obtained apps) require additional steps in order to install the update. If the update will not install, please attempt this:

1. Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight the app > BBKey > Delete
  2. AppWorld > MyWorld > Login > highlight the app (if it shows at all, in any state) > BBKey > Delete
  3. Use either your PC (via Mass Storage Mode) or your BB (via Media > BBKey > Explore) and find any references (folders, files) to the app. Delete whatever you find. Search both your Device Memory as well as your Media Card.
  4. Use the above AppWorld user guide link to re-install the app -- a new registration/activation key should then be provided

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates