Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att
Accepted Solution

App Error 200

My torch started freezing yesterday and would not unfreeze until battery pull then it keeps say App Error 200 and will not come back on for more than a minute or 2. Please Help

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Re: App Error 200

Try this

1. Pull the battery and LEAVE IT OUT
2. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager
3. Click on Application Loader and choose Update Software
4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
5. If prompted, enter your password/pin
6. If multiple OS's are listed, choose the one with preferred next to it(if yo're rememmber what caused your error remove them here, by highlight the app and click delete, leave uncheck)

7. Allow the update to run without the battery
8. When it says Waiting for initialization, it will attempt to reboot. At this point you will need to insert your battery or it will show the battery icon with the red line through it. If this icon shows, simply insert your battery and the phone will reboot again
9. Allow the software to continue the update
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The error can be related to device OS software or application software failures. You may have to resolve this by reloading the device OS, but lets  try two steps first.

Do a hard reset of the device

KB02141 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone

Reboot using the "safe mode."

KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode.

Safe mode can be used to prevent third-party applications from running automatically. Safe mode is designed to allow troubleshooting or remove any unwanted applications.

(Note: I tested this procedure on my Torch 9850 device OS v7.0.0.254. When you reinsert the battery, press the escape key. When you hear the beep of the keystone repeating release the key. You will see a safe mode screen if successful.)

If the error does not clear you will have to reinstall the device OS and applications software using the desktop manager software.

KB03621 How to reload device software and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

I did everything and my phone is working but now I have lost all my contacts, messages, and everything. It reset my whole phone. How to recover. I had never sync my phone. This is really bad

Guru I

Hi ginnay21,

I apologize I  should have posted the warning contained in the upgrade link I posted.

"Warning: The following procedure will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry® smartphone. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone data before proceeding. For instructions, see article KB12487."

Have you a backup to restore? Did you use Blackberry Protect to backup your device? Do you use a desktop PIM? (Outlook, Lotus Notes), or an online PIM? (Yahoo or Google). If so you can setup a one way PIM >to device sync in desktop manager.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

My Device: curve. 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

Hi, where can i find the blackberry desktop manager?
Highlighted
Guru I

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You can get the desktop manager system requirements, software downloads and user manuals in this link.

Desktop Manager Main support page

Thanks,

Bifocals

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello!

I wonder if there is any way to restore my BlackBerry...

When I was updating its OS through BB Desktop Software, my PC got stuck... And so did the BB. The updating process was not completed, and I have no idea where it stopped, exactly, since there was no information on the screen of my computer when I noticed something went wrong.

The result: now I have App Error 200, I cannot connect to the BB Desktop Software, and I cannot enter the safe mode. The App Error 200 message keeps on appearing on the screen.

Should I just try over and over again to enter the safe mode? Does it make any sense? What other options should I try?

Thank you very much!

Guru I

Hi Aniri and welcome to the forums!

Use the "force detect" procedure listed below to complete the upgrade.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello, Bifocals:

Thank you very much! It worked!! But I opted to install my previous OS version, because the updated version seemed to freeze just in the middle of the process. I repeatedly got the "no connection with the device" message, so I chose to return to my original OS. Maybe the error happened because I tried to update the OS that was not installed properly during my first (failed) attempt. Now my BB (down-dated) works fine. I will try to update it later on. Thanks again!!

Sincerely,

Irina