Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App Installation Problem: Error id: 30220

Where can I get the update to Blackberry App World that will fix this?  The app itself is not self-updating. I have version 3.0.0.73 and that's the same version available for download from the website. Maybe there's a patch instead of update that I can find?

My issue is also with the Tapatalk app. I had it on an OS 5 but now have an OS 7 phone. I can get it to show up on the list of uninstalled app but it says it's not compatible with my new phone.  While that version may have been incompatible, there is now newer version of it that is friendly OS 7.  I just can't get it. Same as all others, error 30220.

When I get home tonight is it going to block me from installing on the Playbook too?

My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

I've tried the same things most of you have but with no luck.  I see the error when I try to purchace an app.  However, this may or may not help, but I didn't have any issues at all until I launched and used Blackberry Protect for the first time.  That is the last thing I did before I saw the problem.  It may be nothing, but maybe it is.  I don't know.  I'm just dissappointed.  

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Orange

Just wanted to say a huge big thank you - the ALT R S T trick worked where everything else failed  Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon

How do you try this fix if you have a storm2 touchscreen BB?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9750
My Carrier: Sprint

It's disappointing that RIM has not fixed this yet. Some have tried all the methods listed in here but still have the issue, despite others who have had luck with some methods.
New Contributor

I was finally able to install my app but perhaps only because I'm part of the app world beta project and installed an update late last week. Also, I had to pay for the app again which was a bummer but at least I was finally able to get it installed.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for this tip.  It worked for me.  Not sure if I was charged again.  It did have the purchase price listed when I downloaded from app world, but no confirmation that I was billed.  I am using a Storm2 so the alt RST was not an option.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook 64GB, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

Is there a definiitve way to solve this error 30220 for BlackBerry users, short of wiping their OS?

I have many customers who have run into this problem and can't install an app they have paid for back to their BlackBerry. I managed to get this error myself and can not resolve it, having tried everything:

- Clear App World Cache (ALT-RST, ALT-RSTRST, Refresh List, etc)

- Reinstall App World

- Update to latest version of App World

- Battery Pull

- Uninstall the app from my PlayBook and attempt reinstall again on BlackBerry

- tried this (reinstall App World w/o a MicroSD card in): http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB25433

- deleting App World service books

- changing to different payment method (PayPal to Carrier Billing)

Nothing works. It would be unreasonable to ask a customer to wipe their OS and try to install (since who knows if that will really work for them...). There must be a fix on the App World backend necessary to solve this issue for users. It is a widespread problem affecting many users of paid apps.

Is there an ETA on a fix? Can anyone from RIM comment?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

I was finally able to have this problem resolve itself by upgrading to the newest version of app world that came out a few days ago. My app had been giving me the error message for a while - if you read back in the posts of this thread I'm the one who escalated with RIM - they did indicate they would work on a fix for error id 30220 based on my error logs and apparently they did. :-)

I have had this issue for a little while now. It only appears on apps that I have already purchased for an older device ie: 9800. If I try to repurchase them it gives me the code. A new purchase as in an app I haven't bought will let the sale to through. Get it fixed guys!