Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

App Suggestions

I apologize if this isn't the proper place to post this, but I have some suggestions for apps that are available for Iphone and android but not for blackberry.

First I'll say I've had blackberrys in the past and just recently went back when we switched service providers and I'm thrilled with the phone.

I'm really missing the following apps that I had with my android however and I was wondering if Blackberry is working on or planning on releasing any of the following apps for blackberry users:

Caring Bridge (medical type social media for those going through major medical treatments etc, helps to keep everyone updated on statuses and such in one place. My step son has Leukemia and we use this app a lot!)

Huntington Bank

Square Card Reader and Intuit Card Reader---a must for on the go business people, especially nice for craft show/small business owners on the go

Right now my only option is to access these sites via browser, which is fine so long as I have wifi, not as functional when operation only on the cell network.

Thanks so much for your time! And if I should post this else where please let me know! Thanks!!!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App Suggestions

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As this is a user-to-user community, while your ideas are excellent, you are correct that this may not be the best place to put them...for most of the folks here are not the developers of the apps, nor does BlackBerry typically "pull" apps from the developers.

Rather, the best place for you to make your requests is the developers of those apps...they would be the ones to choose if they wish to port their app to the BlackBerry platform. So I think you'd be best off researching who the developer of those apps is, and then contacting them directly with your suggestions.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.