Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Globe PH (unlocked)

App World Web Plugin Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

App World Web Plugin Error

An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

Please help me with this problem. I have a new Blackberry Storm 2. When I sign in, it asked me to get the BB appworld browser plug-in and connect my smartphone. So, i did connect it. Then, this message kept on popping out. I don't know how to fix it. Smiley Sad

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: App World Web Plugin Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

Hello,

Have you already signed up for your BlackBerry ID at www.blackberry.com/blackberryid What happens when you try to use BlackBerry App World on your BlackBerry smartphone?

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: No
My Carrier: No

Re: App World Web Plugin Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

i have this problem too & i have a blackberry id.. can you help please.. Smiley Sad

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what are you both trying to do exactly?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Okay. this is what I do.
I go onto http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ & sign in. I then connect my phone & enter the device password. As soon as I do that, this comes up -> App World Web Plugin Error
An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

I don't know what's the problem & I've been searching for a solution but to no avail. Smiley Sad
Guru I

you're not answering my question. Why do you connect your phone while doing that?

that being asked, what browser are you using on your PC.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I connect it because I want to download applications using my pc..
& I am using Google Chrome.
Guru I

try using Mozilla Firefox 6 or Internet Explorer 7 or higher.

Contributor

i used both.. same response.. :/
Guru I

can you make a screenshot and post it here as attachment?

and are you sure you can install application through the PC?