Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: App World : availability by country

Original post has been edited. There are numerous countries that can now use AppWorld as of Sept 11th 2011:

• Albania
  • Algeria
  • Belize
  • Benin
  • Bosnia
  • Burkina
  • Egypt
  • Ghana
  • Guam
  • Israel
  • Lebanon
  • Lithuania
  • Monaco
  • Morocco
  • Serbia
  • Tunisia
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Vietnam

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: GrameenPhone

hi,

why my country bangladesh is not listed, we have two operator now who is providing bb service here in bangladesh.

if we are bging charged for bb service, then i don't understand why we can't access app world. 

we are not getting any discount for not having access to app world.

sami

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@samiulhassan please read message 2 of this discussion, on first page.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three (3)

See, that's BB problem.
Now we have app store available... But no laws have changed (as it as said by you), but recently, somehow BB sees, that they are ignorant.

Oh well, I think the profit/sales/market share loss will show them... But I am affraid that it is too late
Solutions: 6,123
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

yessuz wrote:
See, that's BB problem.
Now we have app store available... But no laws have changed (as it as said by you), but recently, somehow BB sees, that they are ignorant.

Oh well, I think the profit/sales/market share loss will show them... But I am affraid that it is too late

@yessuz, it's not just a case of a country changing it's own laws. If that is what you believe, you're simply wrong.

Whether AppWorld is available or not in a certain country depends on two issues...

1. Local laws and regulations of that country
  2. The local mobile provider signing agreements to support AppWorld to it's customers

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I don't get it. If country can provide and allow bb service then why not the appworld. Access to appworld is a part of our subscription

Sami
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three (3)

See, that's the problem.
IE: you buy android phone and you get the app store working instantly.

You buy BB and you get nothing + additional charge for BB service. It's just shows, that company is/was ignorant. They didn't care. And now android is ruling in market share. And BB is loosing positions.

samiulhassan wrote:
I don't get it. If country can provide and allow bb service then why not the appworld. Access to appworld is a part of our subscription

No, it's not a part of any subscription IF your mobile provider does not support it.

Read my post above, it does not have ONLY to do with your country or local laws.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates

yessuz wrote:
See, that's the problem.
IE: you buy android phone and you get the app store working instantly.

No you don't. Even an Android device must have an adequate data plan to run the AppStore. It's not free.

yessuz wrote:
You buy BB and you get nothing + additional charge for BB service. It's just shows, that company is/was ignorant. They didn't care. And now android is ruling in market share. And BB is loosing positions.

And, you're wrong again. BlackBerry Data plan costs extra, and so does a data plan for an Android device.

I think you're just trolling. This isn't a junior high debate class. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

If you have complaints to RIM, please let them know. This is a volunteer support forum.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yeah. So we want to pass this msg to blackberry team. Consider out case to access appworld. May be some exception can be done to some using IMEI or PIN