Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World icon disappeared after upgrade

This happened to me before in January when App World updated to 3.1.0.58. RIM sent out an email with a link to downgrade App World versions, and the problem was fixed. I wish they'd do that this time, but I guess not enough people are having the problem.

I don't think it's a problem with my phone because the exact same thing happened before.
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Count me in too. I've also upgraded to the notorious 3.1.4.25 on a Torch 9800 with 6.0.0.706 build (3049).

After the upgrade my icon is now missing. I've tried all manner of deletes and battery pulls and with reinstalls to no avail.

It would be nice if RIM would acknowledge the issue.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, two problems with that desire...first, the problem is not universal...for instance, that AW version is working just fine on my BB. For them to decide to make such an announcement requires adequate evidence, with specifics (e.g., user group subset affected), and that information needs to come to RIM via the formal channels...which is not this forum, but rather every users mobile service provider.

Second, here in these forums, such an acknowledgement would not normally be as a reply to any thread...rather, in the rare occasion when they do make such an announcement, it would be in the Announcements section of this site.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I was able to fix this by using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a PC. I had been using the desktop software for Mac, and the problem continued. When I plugged into the PC version, it told me I needed to update the OS software and downgrade BBM. I did this, then reinstalled App World and the icon was there.

Again, I think it was the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac that was allowing this problem to continue.
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800 HUNGARY3 RDG71UW
My Carrier: business

My bbappworld icon is not displaying anything. I've erased it and downloaded a new one but it's still not displaying. Please help.
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Did you mean you replaced BBM i.e. Messenger? Is/was ther...

Did you mean you replaced BBM i.e. Messenger? Is/was there a conflict betwen messenger and appworld because the thread relates to Appworld disappearing?

New Contributor

An answer from BB

I rang my service provider and they pointed me at KB29422 which documents some silly and one hard to spot cause.

In my case, appworld had updated itself to a point that it couldn't work on my hardware. The KB documents how to down rev it. Still some oddness but  not appearing in the menu is not one of them. 

I had deleted the app as advised above and my download history is no longer available.

The newly installed appworld also offerred me V*.63, i.e. the error version again; best avoided.

My Device: bold
My Carrier: 02

i have had the same problem bt your solution didnt work, i can see that appworld is installed under application manager but there is no appworld icon in any file or folder, how do i access it??
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800 HUNGARY3 RDG71UW
My Carrier: business

I've dowloaded and replaced the appworld but its still not showing.
New Contributor

Did you use the URL detailed at KB29422, You are a Torch user and I assume that you need the back rev. version of the application. Unless you use the URL that exposes the old version, you will merely re-install the broken version. I spent several hours going round this loop.

I hope this helps.