Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: blackberryy curve 8520
My Carrier: EE

App World latest version of Blackberry ID update

Iv got a problem with my Phone that i dont understand how to fix and wondered if you could help. Iv fogotten the password to my Blackberry ID and the Security question so im not able to use BBM or App world and i was wondering whether or not theres a way to reset the password. I have read on the other forums whether or not you could possibly track my password because i have purchased an item from the app world before some time ago. I really dont want to make a new Blackberry Id because i have alot of stuff on my original one which iv forgotten the password. Thanks for the Help.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App World latest version of Blackberry ID update

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you, and it includes how you would go about seeking formal human-based support (needed if none of the automated methods can work for your situation).

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

None of these solutions helped me , all of them are saying how to reset your password with the security question, I dont know the security question thats why im asking whether or not you can track my ID through previous downloads or payments and find my password.

Hall of Famer II

We, here in this user-to-user community, can do nothing formal...for we are just other users, like you, who happen to volunteer time trying to help others out. Refer:

Inside what I provided, in my prior post, is the sole method to recover your BBID without the Security Question...you will need to read more carefully for that, and it requires that you previously have confirmed, via an email you received originally, your BBID. Otherwise, there is no way for you to use any of the automated methods, and formal human support is required, and that as well is already discussed in what I provided you above (and, as you have now learned, is not available on this user-to-user community).

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

Thank you for your time , iv literally just figured out my password and it was completely different to the security password that why i kept getting it wrong but Again thank you soo much for your time

Hall of Famer II

You are very welcome...I am glad you figured it out. BBs remain the most secure mobile devices available, but the human continues to play a vital role in that security.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates