Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

App World "Purchase not Found" Error

[ Edited ]
Recently, I tried to purchase an app from BB App World. After signing into paypal and making the payment, the application failed to download, and underneath the app name in My World, it simply says "Purchase not Found." I received a payment confirmation from PayPal, but not from BB like when I previously, successfully purchased another app.

I've done quite a bit of searching but can't seem to find any sort of definitive answer as to what I am supposed to do here. I just want to know what direction to go in. I've emailed both the developer and the RIM billing email address (couldn't find any other contact really, other than being constantly redirected to these boards), and have yet to hear from either of them.

I've also tried reconciling by signing in to PayPal in the My World screen. I've also tried uninstalling BB App World and reinstalling in an attempt to convince the app to TRY to obtain the download. Needless to say, you wouldn't be reading this if any of that had worked :-P

Can anyone give me any suggestions? I was thinking maybe theres a way to clear the My World screen... like a cache or something similar to a browser, to force it to re sync with the apps that are supposed to be in the list?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!  I am a Verizon Customer, with a 9530 Storm, version .28 of app world, and stock version .76 OS from Verizon.
Message Edited by Molsem on 04-14-2009 04:11 AM

- F. Scott Fitzgerald "The Crack-Up" (1936)
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World "Purchase not Found" Error

I'm having the exact same problem.  But I have a 9630, not a storm.  So at least I know it is not device specific. 

I don't suggest buying anything else until this is resolved.  I was trying to buy the Livestrong Calorie Tracker when it hung up on me.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello Molsem,

A couple of observations...

VZW never released .76 as a certified OS for the Storm on their network. They went from their initial release of (I think) .68, to .75, and are now on .148. It might be a good idea for you to update to their latest certified version as it offered many fixes over the prior versions.

AppWorld is (last I checked) on version 1.1.0.15 -- I'm not sure what  .28 would indicate...perhaps 1.0.n.28? If so, then you should update AppWorld as well so that the fixes in the latest version can likewise be ruled out as causal to your situation.

Give those a try and then sign back into AppWorld (using your PayPal credentials) and see if it is there and available for you to install.

FWIW -- for more registration key information, see this KB:

If not, then your next step is here:

Send your inquiry as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out that form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor

First off I have exactly the same problem! The money got transferred from my account, but I can't download the app!

It says "purchase not found".

Now I try to fill in the form of the 'contact BlackBerry Technical Support' and it says:

Please correct the following item(s):
  • Please provide a valid Blackberry Smartphone PIN

But it is the pin of my phone! This is very annoying...

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

jeroenwijnholds wrote:

First off I have exactly the same problem! The money got transferred from my account, but I can't download the app!

It says "purchase not found".

Now I try to fill in the form of the 'contact BlackBerry Technical Support' and it says:

Please correct the following item(s):
  • Please provide a valid Blackberry Smartphone PIN

But it is the pin of my phone! This is very annoying...

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are some issues with those RIM forms rejecting valid PINs...it's been, yes, annoying...a good word for it... To fix that, see your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with instructions. After that is resolved, you will be able to log your original issue on those forms.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630, os 4.7.1.61 - platform 4.1.0.81
My Carrier: Verizon BIS

Hi:

I just had that same problem last night.  What I did was open My World, hit the BB Menu and click log-on and log into Paypal account and let them refresh your My World apps, (this may take 5 to 10 minutes), after your My World apps refresh scroll through the list and see if the problem app is there, ( if it is then you may have to click on it to get it to install on your phone ).  If it is not there but Paypal has already charged you then contacting Paypal and explain the situation and see if they will refund your cost.  Jon

New Contributor

THIS WORKED.  Thank you jon429k.  I never take the time to log in and give feedback but was so greatful to find this answer.  Very much appreciated.

New Contributor

I may have spoken too soon.  The application in question is Calorie Tracker by Livestrong.com.  The application now appears in "my world" thanks to the advice above, but when I tried to install it, the installation freezes and never completes.  This occurs even when I try to reinstall.  Anyone have any ideas?

New Contributor

And now, to answer my own question: re-boot the device and re-install.  Finally works.

Highlighted
New Contributor

This works, thank you for letting us in on your "obvious secret"!