Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

I have the same issue. Mine downloads all the way but it doesn't install. On the menu it has the option to install but does nothing when I select it. I have tried going to the app list but the install is not availible only recomend and screen shots as if I had the app already. I've got bb curve 8310 V 4.5.0.110 I'm with at&t Thanks for the help
New Contributor

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

Same issues for me. 

Essentially, the Bloomberg Mobile app (v1.9.5.1, if I recall correctly) shows up in "My World" as "Paused" and 0/316KB transfered.  I can change it to "Downloading" but nothing happens.  I cannot remove the entry from "My World" (at least, I've not figured out how to), I cannot install it, I cannot remove it, and I cannot install it manually.  When selecting the app, I have the option(s) to see screenshots, read reviews, etc., but the RUN and/or INSTALL button is completely missing.

I'm on an 8900 on T-Mobile.

• OS v4.6.1.114
  • AppWorld v.1.0.0.29

I've tried to remove/re-install AppWorld, I've pulled the battery for over 30 seconds, I've added AppWorld through the Desktop utility as well as through the device, and I've tried going through both WiFi and EDGE.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Is there a way to reset your MyWorld account and permanently remove apps -- this is fast becoming irritating.

TIA...

New Contributor

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

"When writing your message, remember to keep the language clean." 
I can certainly understand why you put that their. grrrrrrrrrrr

- Carrier ~AT&T
- Model ~ Bold 9000
- OS ~ v4.6.0.167 (Platform 4.0.0.217)
- App world client version ~ 1.0.0.29
- BIS/BES/Both? ~ AT&T
- Application having issues  - Description of issue (including the exact wording of any error messages)
"There was a problem generating the License key for MultiAlarm Pro.  Please try again later.  If the problem persists, please contact App World Support."
I've logged back into My World...entered paypal info to download got the above message...Deleted and reloaded App World and tried again...the MultiAlarm Pro app used to show up in My World with "Purchase Not Found" under it, now it's gone altogether.  I have my order confirmation from
Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi CutlassS,

App World support can be contacted at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberryappworld.jsp Additionally, it is the software developer, not RIM that generates the license keys for the applications. You should be able to contact the developer of the application and they should be able to generate a license key for you.

:smileywink:

BlackBerry Certification
Having the Knowledge is One Thing. Demonstrating It is Another
http://www.blackberry.com/certification
New Contributor

I finally got resolve. BB app world has a new version of .30, I downloaded that and rebooted and poof it now works!!!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, the new .30 release fixed my uninstallable Bloomberg app. :smileyvery-happy:  Thanks, betherfany, for the tip!

Looks like we're going to have to deal with all the bugs a program/system like this is bound to have in the first year (much like Steam).

Message Edited by Sicily1918 on 05-22-2009 04:58 PM

It looks like we have an SDR (Software Development Request) created for this now so our developers are taking a look into the issue.

If you do have anything to report, feel free. We would be looking for this information:

- Carrier   T-Mobile
- Model    Curve 8900
- OS       V4.6.1.114 (Platform 4.2.0.76)
- App world client version   1.0.0.30
- BIS/BES/Both?   BIS only (i think)
- Application having issues     App World/ My World
- Description of issue (including the exact wording of any error messages)

Tried downloading "Poynt" app. shows it as downloading, 0/364 kb, stuck at that point, no progress made. Pause/resume works, but the application doesn't actually make any progress. Can't re-download, the 'download' option is missing in the App world screen.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled App World, no luck: still shows "Poynt" as stuck. Reboots haven't worked, nothing mentioned here already has worked.

-ideas? 

Thank you all

[ Edited ]

- Carrier   Verizon
- Model    Storm 9530
- OS       V4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)
- App world client version   1.0.0.30
- BIS/BES/Both?   ???
- Application having issues     App World/ My World

I am having this same problem. I have a brand new Storm 9530 with Verizon. I tried downloading Pandora last night and it kind of stalled, and then it finished. When I went back into my My World it said that it was still downloading, but it's stuck at 0/480 KB. There is no option to cancel or anything. I can only pause and resume the download that never starts. :smileysad: I've since updated App World to 1.0.0.30, I've done 2 battery pull resets, tried uninstalling Pandora but when I went back into appworld, there was no download button.  I've tried a battery pull since, and no luck. Is there anything else I can try to correct this? I really liked the Pandora app and would like to have it back.

Thanks In Advance.

P.S. Pandora does not show up in Options->advanced options->applications.

**Update - I was able to download the app from Pandora's website, but it still is showing that it is downloading in My World. 

Message Edited by SEGaDawg on 05-29-2009 04:22 PM
Message Edited by SEGaDawg on 05-29-2009 06:27 PM

- Carrier AT&T
- Model Curve 8310
- OS V4.5.0.110 (Platform 2.7.0.90)
- App world client version 10.0.0.30
- BIS/BES/Both? BES
- Application having issues Par 72 Golf Lite
Download is stuck at 28/350 KB.  I can pause it, but that doesn't help.  I have tried multiple times removing AppWorld and re-installing it.  I have pulled the battery and did some kind of reset with the keyboard.  Nothing has helped, the app still continues to show it is downloading.  It does not show up in Options->advanced options->applications.

New Contributor

I have a similar problem.  My BlackBerry Curve 3310 is stuck on downloading Livestrong (after I had been using it for about a month it just suddenly disappeared, so I was trying to reload it). 

So, when I open up apps, it is stuck on downloading.  If I wait for about 20 seconds, it stops downloading and shows me a description of a random app.  If I hit "my world" at that point, it kicks me back out to the home screen of the BlackBerry. A vicious cycle. 
I'm on AT&T.

Help?   I'm not getting much for my $$!