Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Apps download, but won't run!

Your carrier:Telus

Model info and OS version : Torch 9800 OS 6, fully updated

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. : Before - 229,938,238 Bytes; After - 230,631,182

Did a battery pull fix your issue? Nope.

Recently, whenever I install a new app, it appears to install properly and I get the icon on my home screen.  When I try to run it, I get a little window with this:

"Error starting VlingoForBlackBerry: Error loading module 'VlingoForBlackBerry' VerifyError." Then my only option is to click 'OK', and the window disappears, leaving me in the home screen.

In this case, obviously I'm trying to run and install the free Vlingo promotion, but the problem has been the same for Shazam and a podcast app (not BB's).

I've cleaned out unused apps, repeatedly deleted and reinstalled the apps in question, and lost track of how many battery pulls I've done.  After installing apps I always do the reboot when requested.

Any other ideas?

Visitor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: gramophone

Re: Apps download, but won't run!

I Did download AppWorld from Black Berry web site on My curve 8520 but it could not open or reload.My carrier is grameenPhone Bangladesh.Now what can I do?Pls reply
My Device: bold 8900
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Apps download, but won't run!

Hi

jusr wipe the hndheld,and reinstall the blackberry appworld again.then it will work.if any issue let me know