Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Appworld is missing

Hmmm...now I wonder something anew. Please excuse my impertinence if what I'm about to say is redundant information to you.

This site is a user-to-user community of volunteers trying to help each other out. It is not a formal channel for any communications with, escalations to, nor support from RIM. Hence, if by posting your issues here you are hoping for something formal from RIM, then that would as well be in vain, for such is contradictory to the stated purpose of this site.

All we can go on is what officially exists...and that KB admits the problem with both versions. By virtue of that KB even existing, we can rest assured that they know of and are working on the problem, but sadly the solution seems to still elude them. But, with a functional workaround for the subset of affected users, I would not expect them to hold back release of newer versions for everyone.

Disappointing for that subset? Yes, of course it is. But far better to have a workaround than to have complete non-functionality.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Black berry bold 9780
My Carrier: 6.0.0.285

Thank you for reminding me because I was well aware of that but since that KB is official information posted on this site to resolve complaints made by users on this site then I am to assume that they are aware of some of the things going on here and I will keep talking about the issues I have with their products until they see it and fix it, when the first "problematic" version came out I signed on to this site and saw that there were so many complaints on thesame issue so I relaxed having total faith that it was being worked on but now a second version with the same issue? Then I'm going to keep talking so that the next one doesn't end up with thesame issues or worse but you have being really helpful and I appreciate that Smiley Happy
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh believe me! I do not want to discourage you from posting your issues here...quite the opposite in fact...I want to strongly encourage you to do so! But, I just want your expectations about that to be correctly set...RIM says that they indeed try to read everything that is posted here, but I have some significant doubts that they actually can accomplish that feat. But, your experiences will be invaluable to others who may find themselves in similar circumstances.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Gentlement,

May I offer a cup of tea, anyone ?
With an after-eight?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: