Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9550
My Carrier: VZW

BB Protect and OS7 issue?

Hi guys
When I got my 9930 I noticed it came preloaded with BB Protect and Podcasts. I was able to use it without any problems. One day I noticed both apps were missing. App World says both apps are not compatible with my device. I used BBDM to reload them again only to have problem reoccur. I have recently had to wipe device due to error 503 so I repeated process of reloading the apps and today I noticed both are missing. I tried downloading the Protect app from mobile site. Its the same site u can DL App world and maps. I received message that my device is not supported.

Any ideas??

Thanx in advance
Harold
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Protect and OS7 issue?

Just to clarify, when you say both apps are missing, are they missing from your All tab on your homescreen or are they missing from the Downloads tab and the Applications section as well? 

I trust you've looked around on your phone for them, but we have to cover all bases here.

Please post back with the requested information.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Developer

No worries. Yeah I checked there and norhing its actually been uinstalled. Protect and Podcasts show up uninstalled in App World and when I check BBDM it is unchecked
New Developer

To add to the growing list of apps that are not allowing me to download is BB Maps, which seems a bit weird since it was on here yesterday and now that one has "mysteriously" uninstalled. I am going to call RIM and see if they have heard of such a problem.
My Device: blackberry & 9900
My Carrier: Celcom

I'm faced the same problem with my 9900... I'm also had problem error 102 and 517 before... Possibly because of Blackberry Protect... After recovered the errors problem, I still cannot download the application. Also I cannot upload my back up from BB protect... Any idea how to solve it?