Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Mobilicity Canada

BB protect works but doesn't show the location

Hello I have installed BB Protect on my 9320. I have also switched on the GPS and the Wifi too. Enabled the Protect too. But when I log on to BB account, it doesn't show me the location of the device. It says unable to track the location. But everything shows fine in the Protect account on my laptop, like I can even see the current correct battery amount. So it means the device does connect with the account but why does it not show the location. What else can I do. I really need it to be working.

Please help. I will be very very very grateful to you. P.S.: I am with Mobilicity in Canada and the phone was purchased from Mobilicity too. Thank you. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB protect works but doesn't show the location

Hi there,

There is an option during the setup of BlackBerry Protect that is required to enable this ability. To fix this, go into BlackBerry Protect on the device, press the BB Menu button and select Options, then make sure Location Reporting is turned on.

I hope that helps.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!