Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

BBM disappeared

Hi:

I updated BBM at this link

http://ca.blackberry.com/bbm/bbm-voice.html

When I go there with my Bold 9900 it says :

Update BBM on your Smartphone

Watch BBM Voice Video

See the How To Demo

After it installed, it asked to Restart which I did. 

After all of this, my BBM Icon is gone & I can't go to app world & re-install because it thinks I still have it.

I had someone send me a bbm to see if I still receive it & I am not.

So, my app is gone, can't reinstall & bbm no longer working. 

Any idea how I can fix this?

Incedently, when I go to that link via PC it says

" 404 Error - Page not found

The page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists."

Super Contributor

Re: BBM disappeared

Hum.  I tried to use the Bar Code scanner to install it again on this page http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729/?lang=en

When I tried to scan it tells me Barcode Scanner requires at least BBM6 on your device. Click to download. So I click & of course.. I can't d/l bbm cuz the phone thinks I already have it..

It's totally farked up my phone to get that upgrade.

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Verizon

Go to your options, device, then application management.  The icon should be there.  Delete it from there then reinstall.

Super Contributor

Thank you! I didn't know you could delete the app in the location.  I've deleted & reinstalled... It's stuck at the part where I restore an old copy of bbm list which I can't do until I can get home & plug iit into my PC.  It's gone well this far so I'm sure that will work.

Thanks very much! Smiley Happy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello towngirl_04,

what exact version of BBM is now installed on your 9900?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: bbm

I tried downloading bbm v7 then I had problem because people couldn't see my display picture change and some of my contacts I couldn't see they pictures. It should an error that I should download bbm v6 then I tried downloading it then it refused after 3days I downloaded bbm v5 it installed but then my bbm icon disappeared and the error kept showing then I tried downloading bbm v6 it went through and its been installed but the icon isn't in any folders nor the home screen I did re-boot and removed the battery a couple of times but the icon is still not there.. What do I do please help
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

to reinstall BBM 6.2, read ahead:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/HOWTO-install-BBm-6-2-if-you-have...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: