Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

BBM problems HELP please

Hello im new to this website but really need some help!

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900, for the past couple of days my BBM messages wouldnt send to certain people then when it would send to other people they said they still didnt get the message even tho it said D. I decided to delete the BBM and upgrade it however i have restarted my phone many times and downloaded it over and over again however when i try to go onto my BBM to set it up it comes up saying 'Associating BBM with you Blackberry ID' , i do not know what this means and alsoi it has been doing this for the past 9 hours.

If anybody has the same problem or could help me solve this i would be very greatful Smiley Happy

Thankyou.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BBM problems HELP please

BlackBerry ID is a master key to BlackBerry products, sites, services and applications, including BlackBerry Protect, BlackBerry App World storefront and BlackBerry Messenger.  This feature enables a BlackBerry smartphone users to log into any BlackBerry product that supports BlackBerry ID which includes the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

To know more on this check the below KB article -

After releasing new BBM 7.0 all BBM contacts are backed up using BB ID. Hence, If you upgrade from BBM 6.0 or older to BBM 7.0, on initial start your BBM had to be associated with BB ID.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit