Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: orange

Re: BBM7 VOIP invalid certificate

Everything works fine with my home BT WiFi router but I get the certificate when I'm connected to BT-Fon out and about WiFi.

There's no reference bbm7 on any BT help pages and no meaningful direct assistance from BT. as far as I can see (as a BT customer)  BT only provide help by people reading from a script with no understanding of the questions never mind the answers.

I've not found a great use for bbm7 so until bbm8 has configurable voip disablement the easiest thing is to stick with bbm6.

I think the firewall KB is for restricted networks and has the message shown in the KB. Do you think differently?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

I'm getting the same certificate issue but, the certificate is the same name ie voip.blackberry...., not btopenzone.

It states 'unverifiable crtificate chain' and 'stale chain status' but the trust status is: 'explicitly trusted'.

But when I manually chose 'trust certificate' it wants my 'keycode'

Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: orange

That looks promising but it sounds like you don't know your keystore password (and you may never have set one). Go to your keystore and set a password and then use that next time the message comes.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you for your help, i hope this works.