Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Be Buzz text to speech doesn't work anymore

As the title suggested the 'text to speech' functionality of my paid version of Be Buzz doesn't work anymore. Last week I got an update-notification on my BB Bold 9700 (os 5) from App World that version 5.0.27 of Be Buzz was available to download.

After I installed the update all my settings and profiles were deleted. To make matters even worse I couldn't hear 'that sexy lady' sweet-talking to me any more whenever I received an e-mail.

Whenever I click on 'Realtime' under 'text-to-speech' a dialog windows tells me to make sure I've got the latest version of BeBuzz. And when I click on 'Check for updates' another dialog windows tells me than I'm running the latest version already.

What am I missing here? Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Gelazer

New Contributor

Re: Be Buzz text to speech doesn't work anymore

Something's wrong with the high view-count. Already posted it here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Community-Feedback-and-Ideas/Vulnerability-issue-with-BlackBe...

Still could use some help with Be Buzz tho.

Cheers,

Gelazer

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Let me suggest that you

• Delete BeBuzz from Options > Advanced > Applications.(if you're on OS5), or Options > Device > Application Management (if OS6).
  • Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
  • Now, return to AppWorld > MyWorld > Uninstalled and reinstall BeBuzz.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the effort. I did exactly as you suggested, but the result was the same. Text to speech 'thinks' Be Buzz is too old and has to be updated.

I know BlackBerry cannot support 3rd party software, but I had to try since BellShare does not approve of my topic on their support forum. I posted the identical same topic here: http://www.bellshare.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

But the moderator(s) haven't approved it (yet). Really weird for BellShare being the best BlackBerry App developer of the year 2010 and all.

Anyway, thanks again. I hope someone else will find the solution.

Cheers,

Gelazer

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, true, and we're not "BlackBerry"... This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. 

But, I have a friend I will ask to look at this thread for you. Smiley Wink

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold and 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: TMO

Did you pay for the subscription to text-to-speech?