Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.

I can't seem to download any apps from the AppWorld through my phone, and I keep getting this message.  It has nothing to do with my carrier or my BES as I have already contacted them and they see no problems in their ends.  Is there a problem with the App World server that is preventing me from connecting through my phone?  I can connect to the app world through the desktop, but not through my phone.  This is a bit annoying.

Solution?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB20031 "BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again" appears when BlackBerry App World is started

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.

Yea, unfortunately none of the solutions in that KB solved my issue. Thanks for your post though.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Metro PCS

I'm having the same issue. It started after I updated the app world to the new 3.0.0.73 version.  I'm going to delete the updated version and see if I find the older version that I had.  I already tried the solutions page that is on the forum here but none of those solutions work for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the same problem as well, did you find the older version? Where?
New Contributor

For me, I've had the problem even with the version that came with the box
New Contributor

Sorry. I was not able to find an older version. I have installed and uninstalled several times to no avail. Very frustrating!!! I def should have gotten an android!
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Not helping ... but:

I am getting the same error AND cannot connect via the Desktop Software - I get the error message: "There was an error updating your software.   Applications loader was unable to connect with your device.  Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again."

Would love to know how to fix this ....

New Contributor

Wow... I also tried to connect to the desktop software and got the same error. Uggggh. I thought I could bypass the app world on the phone by getting through via my computer. Guess not. :smileysad:
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Meteor

I am also having this trouble when trying to login through my Blackberry. I have tried all the solutions.

I have done a hard reboot of my Blackberry, and that solved getting the Blackberry App World to finally load. I can browse and choose apps, but when it comes to the Login point (the single login, or after choosing to download an app), I just get the 'having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server' every time.

I've tried it through my computer. I've logged in sucessfully. Downloaded and installed the browser add on. Restarted browser (Internet Explorer), but then step 2, it won't connect to my phone and says :-

"App World Web Plugin Error

An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again."

I've restarted my Blackberry numerous times (pulling battery), restarted Internet Explorer, unconnected my Blackberry and reconnected again, refreshed the page to try and connect again, to try and get past Step 2, but still I get that error.

It's not my connection. App World wasn't an available app to install on my Blackberry from the CD that came inpack, and it wasn't already on my Blackberry, so I had to download it from the site through my laptop.

I've also checked my timezone etc. I'm on GMT and in Republic of Ireland, so there's no changing it to BST or DST.

I only got my first Blackberry yesterday, and have searched all in the forum etc, but have no idea what to do/try now to resolve not being able to download and install any apps through App World.

Please help, and thanks in advance if you can.