Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry App World says I don't meet requirements.

I tried to go to the BlackBerry App World page and download it.  It said my phone doesn't meet the requirements but I have checked and it does.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Solutions: 6,259
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry App World says I don't meet requirements.

I don't know what "phone" you have.

And what country are you located in?

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hey, I am having the same problem as the thread starter. I am using a blackberry curve 8320 on t mobile. I am in the US. I am using 4.5.0.81. I dont understand why it is saying this. Please help
New Contributor

I just checked to see if my brothers curve was working with the excact same specs and his is not working either! Please help!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320 on T-Mobile

I've also got a Curve 8320 running OS 4.5.0.81 on T-Mobile, and I'm getting the same error. I've tried downloading it via e-mail and USB, and neither option worked.
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

There are a couple of things you can try doing here.  First, ensure you are downloading the app via the Internet Browser (not the WAP browser).  Second, try clearing your browser cache.  Third, if you still can't get it to work, try pulling the battery (while the phone is on), wait 15-30 seconds, reinsert and after your BlackBerry device has rebooted try again.

If none of these suggestions work, let us know and we can start trying other things.

Message Edited by Krypto on 04-01-2009 08:04 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

When I try to download App World via USB connection, it just flat out gives me the message saying that my device does not have the necessary system requirements. When I try and download it via the e-mail link system, it takes me to the same page as the normal download page, not one with a mobile download link.
Elite I

Try accessing it on your phone's browser using the following address: http://mobile.blackberry.com.

It should show up under the What's New section and should be the first item on the list.  This is where I accessed mine from and had no problems.  The actual address for the download is http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/awclient/download.shtml?code=appworld&CPID=MBC_WHATSNEW

I hope that works for you! Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the help. I decided to try navigating from the blackberry main page and clicking through to the download link. Somehow, that made the download work.

EDIT: I successfully downloaded it, but it won't let me run it because it's saying I don't have web browsing. I don't have a data plan, but the wi-fi connection should be just as good.

Message Edited by Ubernarrator on 04-02-2009 03:58 PM
Elite I

Eeek... unfortunately, according to what I was reading on several other posts (including responses from a BlackBerry Technical Advisor), you need to use a data plan for this.  Wifi won't work.  Smiley Sad

The good news is that you can manually download any app by searching the web for it, but this obviously will defeat the purpose of the App World for you.