Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Cellc

BlackBerry ID

When I Open BB App World "App World requires the latest version of BlackBerry ID"

Then I click on the "UPDATE" option.

After few seocnds. . .

Sorry, there is no compatible version of BlackBerry ID available at this time.

*This application may have limited fuctionality without the latest version of BlackBerry ID

(Trust me I've tried everything pulled out batteries several times been a week now.) Please help. Its a Curve 9300

Thank you.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry ID

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove both AppWorld and the Identity app from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld (which, as part of the install, should also install the latest version of the Identity app)

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Now send me a link of the latest BlackBerry ID
Please.
Hall of Famer II

I do not understand your request...please try again. There is no link to send you...as the above instructions provide, when you reinstall BBWorld, that should automatically trigger also the installation of the most recent Identity app. There is nothing you need to separately do...it should be automatic. If that does not happen, then something else is wrong.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No luck. But when I update it does until 100%. Then it requires me to reboot. Then I do so and a Batt-pull. When I logg in again it asks the same request , requires a latest version. When I close I get this (80002)
Hall of Famer II

Unfortunately, by providing only the code (80002) and not the exact and complete message, you limit the information available to me to help you. So I must make a bit of a guess -- hopefully this KB is close to your situation, and perhaps has a remedy to help you:

• KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

I find no KB with the code you provided, but you can of course search the public KBs just as well as I can...with of course much faster results for you to use.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates