Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BlackBerry Travel and Calendar Sync dates in Outlook

Here's a suggestion for the developers. There should be some smarts regarding how all-day calendar events  are created using Calendar Sync. The current behavior is that the all-day calendar event starts on the outbound flight date and ends the day before the return flight. So if I have a one-day trip my phone/Outlook calendar shows an all-day event on the day of departure which in some cases does not make sense and also lacks an all-day event on the return date when I'm coming home on an evening flight.

I would suggest the following. For outbound flights in the morning (before 10 am for instance, or maybe noon), that day would get an all-day event. If I have an afternoon or certainly an evening flight, it does not make sense to have an all-day event in the calendar that day. On the return side, a similar logic could be applied, maybe based on the flight arrival time. A morning flight arrival would not get an all-day event in that day while an afternoon or evening arrival would.

I running 1.0.350.99 on a Bold 9780. I've got Calendar Sync enabled and we running a BESx with Outlook 2007 server.