Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 3

Blackberry App World: Having trouble connecting to World server. Verify your network connections.

Hi,

I brought a brand new Blackberry Playbook 3 days ago, set it up at home, wireless internet works fine & shows strong signal. Went to download an app from the App Store & keep getting this message:

Blackberry App World: Having trouble connecting to Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections & try again.

It won't let me update or install any apps at all, & hasn't changed for 3 days!

Please help/ try me what to do & as getting annoyed & may return it!

Hannah

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Blackberry App World: Having trouble connecting to World server. Verify your network connections.

Can you list your network connections. They are found on your computer wireless network setup. The PlayBook. prefers the following: 802.11 g. Many people have problems with 802.11n although many also use it without problems. Also the wireless authentication should be WPA or WPA2 Personal and the data encryption should be set for AES. The PlayBook does not support 802.11n with TKIP or WEP.
Even though you are showing a strong signal, does not mean it is a good signal for the PlayBook. I had problems initially getting mine to work on my router, fortunately I could pick up an Open Wifi signal from my neighbor and that was how I got up and running. Eventually I had to redo my network in order to get my PlayBook running on my own router and it has worked fine for 10 months without problems. I can also routinely get onto 5 other networks without trouble.
So check your router settings, you may want to reboot your router, If you still cannot connect, you can temporarily set your router to Open until after you get your PlayBook OS downloaded. Report back on the results.
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry App World: Having trouble connecting to World server. Verify your network connections.

Hi,

Thanks for the reoky, I'm currently on the wifi at work which is strong signal too but won't let me access app world either, that info is:

WPA personal & 802.11g

I've just done a security wipe with original settings and tried it again but still not working.

Thank you for your advice so far but what do you think I should do?

Hannah

Forums Veteran I

What data encryption are you set at, AES, TKIP, WEP?
Forums Veteran I

On your PB Tap the WiFi icon, Tap it again in the box that opens, Tap Connect Manually, Check network name, Check Security Type, Select Dual Band, Check Automatically Obtain IP ADDRESS and Check Allow Inter Access Point Handover. Check these items and reboot and try againm
New Contributor

How would I find that out only using my Playbook as can't access router or another computer? I've looked at my network settings but it doesn't say on the play book
Forums Veteran I

There are network settings on your Playbook. Tap the Gear icon, top right, Tap Wifi and Connect Manually as given above. Look around.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Try rebooting your router by unpluging it for 30seconds and plugging it back in.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

The thing is tried to connect to four different wifis and all let me on the Internet but non to the app world.

One was home, one work, one a hotel and the other public. Therefore I can't reset some of the routers, and surely this means an issue/incorrect setting with this device?

New Contributor

Hi, just got a brand new BT home hub to try to solve issue. Once again I'm connected to the wifi but same error in Apple World. Getting annoyed as it won't let me download anything! It must be a setting on my device?

Please help if anyone knows a solution or has same issue? So close to returning this :smileysad:

Wifi details are: WPA Personal  802.11g/n