Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Blackberry App World for India

I was using the older version of Blackberry App World before upgrading to version

In the older version I was able to download paid applications and used my paypal account effortlessly.

I have now upgraded to version and now I can only see free applications and find it very difficult.

Can anyone help me to d/l the older version again or tell me when the Blackberry App World would be available in India.

Thanks & Regards

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry App World for India

Even if you were able--App World has not been made available to India yet, so I guess consider yourself lucky and give it a wait for App World to launch in India.

I doubt very much at all you'll get any official support to get it working until then.

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Very true. Also, I don't see that BB has any plans to launch it in India as of now.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Nope, Research in Motion (RIM) already have your money now, so why should they provide after-service by means of BlackBerry App World? Yeah, unless you live in one of their "preferred" countries, don't hold your breath for BlackBerry App World, 'cause RIM can't be bothered!
My Device: Not Specified

App World launched in India.

Downloaded App World successfully.

Yet not able to download any applications. Keeps giving the same error message for all applications (even for those which are india specific - like CNBC Moneycontrol app) when I try to download any app. All the apps are available though in the app world.

! ( application name ) is not available for download from App World.