Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Storm

Buttons (Icons) missing in App World?

I have had a few publishers tell me I should have an option to download a trial on App World but all I see are the buttons (icons) for Purchase, Reviews, Recommend, Screenshots and Contact Support for their product yet others have a button for . Anybody else see this?

The latest publisher to tell me this is Acire Systems (ReportAway app).

This is really frustrating as a Storm user who has already had disappointment over software compatibility and a hard time finding a Blackberry time in the leage of what I had on another platform.

My Device: Storm

I just learned from one publisher that his app changed from the roll out and should have the trial now. He said he sees it available in Canada, but I don't see it in US, CST, Verizon as carrier.

I do work with high availability systems so I understand how it could take time to replicate a change if that's the problem.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Update.

I've seen a few trials available, but not too many.  I agree with you though, it would be nice if we could get a trial for all paid apps - even just one day would be useful - just to see if it's the application we actually want.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: 8320 Curve

Re: Update.

I am looking for a car maintenance log app and there are nearly 10 available.  They all of course claim to be the best ever, blah, blah, blah.  Only 1 has a trial, and some of them are $9.99.  Others with the same claimed features are $4.99.  The reviews are nearly worthless to me; did you notice the first few reviews of every app are 5 stars and nothing but praise?  Likely friends of the app publisher.  

Like you stated, even a 24-hour trial would be a boon.