Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom

Can't download any App World applications

Hi,

I've had the Blackberry Curve 8520 for a few weeks now and could install Blackberry Apps from App World without any problems (on BIS).  A few days ago I got a company phone, Blackberry 9700 Bold, on a different contract and with BES.  I'm now trying to download the same Apps to the new phone so that I can cancel the old one.  I've managed to download App World, Yahoo Messenger and even set up my Yahoo mail as well, all working fine (still waiting for the IT department to set up my company e-mail via BES).  Since installing App World on the new phone a few days ago and trying to download apps I'm prompted to enter a Blackberry ID, which I never had to do on the other phone.  I've now created the Blackberry ID and when I try to download apps, I fill in the Blackberry ID and password, but when I click on 'I accept', I'm redirected to the Account Information page (where you can change password, security question and view policy).  There are not buttons to click on this page, so I'm stuck on this page and when I go back I have to click on Download again and once again fill in the ID and password and click 'I accept' only to end up on the Account Information page again.  It now happens with the old phone as well.  How can I get past this page so that I can download apps?

* Carrier:  Vodacom South Africa
    * BlackBerry 9700 Bold
    * BlackBerry OS 5.0.0.586
    * App World 2.0.0.36
    * BES (Corporate Use)

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't download any App World applications

I have the same problem. Please Help.

PPires

Visitor
My Carrier: VirginMedia

I'm having the exact same problem and its beginning to drive me mad, any help would be welcome!!

Visitor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Having the same problem with my 8520 but only after there was a recent upgrade to the version available. The older version didn't request an ID/Password so I'm guessing its this new "security" requirement that is causing the hassles.

ANY feedback would be great.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: MTN

I have the same problem.

i have tried to un-install., do battery-pulls everything....

i read taht you ned to clear cache? wonder if that worked for anyone??

Please assit!

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

[ Edited ]

hi everybody,,i have the same problem......what can i do?......{edited for privacy} if someone knows..help me :-) thanks you all

My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem! Does anyone know what I have to do to fix it?? I've tried everything.
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: O2 - UK

again... I am also experiencing this issue. help?!

Joe

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Hi,

Has anybody figured out how to sort the problem out yet?

New Contributor
My Carrier: T Mobile

Same here - why can't they just leave things alone when they work - always got to tinker Smiley Mad