Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't download or update any apps

The proper way to install AW onto a BB is by, via the BB browser while NOT on WiFi, going here:

and using that to install the most current version of AW onto a BB.

Thank you for explicitly mentioning "while NOT on WiFi", I was getting an error previously while on WiFi: 909 Application Authentication Failure. According to KB29060, I lack the Verisign Class 3 Public PCA-G1 certificate, but the KB did not solve my problem as it is still missing.

Although App World download is a success but with no icons yet, I now know I can get a successfull download. Will try deleting and re-downloading.

Thanks again!

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Student

I Have exactly the SAME problem! I'm so fed up, can someone really help me please ? The same 909 error..
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

rennymae wrote:
I Have exactly the SAME problem! I'm so fed up, can someone really help me please ? The same 909 error..

Hello...and apologies for the delay.

So, with that limited description, I find that the best thing to do is recommend you review this entire thread and try the various things posted...sorry, but I cannot tell, from what you said, if you've done that or not. Otherwise, this KB might be useful:

• KB29060 When attempting to install some applications, a 909 Authentication error message may be displayed

Failing that, there is of course always formal support...available from your mobile service provider.

Good luck!

Special through 31-Oct-2015 -- 10% Discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.