Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cannot Install App World in my Bold 9700

I just got myBold 9700 (Egypt, Vodafone). When I try to install the App world Application it says that my device does not meet the specifications. I called the customer care, they said that App world does not support Bold 9700. Is this true? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Costas

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot Install App World in my Bold 9700

Which one of the following requirements do you not meet?

App World Requirements / Support
You must meet all of the requirements:
1. BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.2 or higher
2. BlackBerry smartphones with trackpads, trackballs or SurePress™ touch screen
3. To use BlackBerry App World, you require a service plan that includes access to the BlackBerry® Browser
4. And you must be in one of the countries which AppWorld supports
http://www.blackberry.com/app_includes/devicesoftware/appworld/appworld_availability_en.html

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dear J,

Thank you for the reply. I have a problem with no. 4. I am in Egypt. Is there any other way to access the app store without the App world?

Thanks!

Costas

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello,

AppWorld is just a store among others. You can install or buy applications from other stores like Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat Misr

Hi Cosstrig ,

I got my BB9700 few days ago from Dubai and I am using Etisalat SIM. I have the same problem, i cannot install App World either which for the same reason which is that your carrier is not in a supported country.

I actually upgraded to BB OS 5.0.0.593 which the latest release for the BB9700. Unfortunately i got the following:

1- App World 1.1.0.33 is installed in the device but no icon for it. I can see it is installed only from Setup --> Applications --> Add-on.

2- The Device Lock function has gone away!!! I cannot lock my device anymore which is really very annoying :-( (Shame on RIM to get out an OS upgrade which is not fully functional)

App World's behavior is exactly the same for iTunes Store on iPhone for non-Jailbreak devices so they only function on supported Countries.

No crack (Jailbreak) for BB Devices yet but i am still looking for a solution.

At last I am really not happy with Devices maker like RIM and Apple and I really do not see what is the idea behind enabling or disabling Application Access from their stores for specific countries. This is really so stupid pushing people to crack and hack their devices.

I am a fan of BB but right I am seriously considering selling my device as for its basic function as an email device, I found its Microsoft Exchange Outlook integration very awkward with only wireless email integration excluding Contacts, Calendar,..... Also i didn't like its keyborad which is not that easy to use with Num key not present like in old devices to use the Number keys.

Overall experience with the BB Bold2 (9700) was a disappointing one.

Regards

Guru I

tghandour wrote:

App World's behavior is exactly the same for iTunes Store on iPhone for non-Jailbreak devices so they only function on supported Countries.

No crack (Jailbreak) for BB Devices yet but i am still looking for a solution.

Hello,

as I said in an earlier post, AppWorld is a very recent store to download applications for BlackBerry devices, but it is just one among others. You do not need to crack a BlackBerry device to download applications, just use one of the other stores that I gave. From this sole perspective, it is completely different than AppStore, which is officially the only means to install an application on an iPhone.

Besides, AppStore has the ability to remove an application you have installed, which is not the case in the BlackBerry world.

tghandour wrote:

At last I am really not happy with Devices maker like RIM and Apple and I really do not see what is the idea behind enabling or disabling Application Access from their stores for specific countries. This is really so stupid pushing people to crack and hack their devices.

RIM was very late at providing an application store. At first, it was only available for three countries : US, Canada, UK. Then RIM continued to discuss the contracts with carriers and AppWorld was available for a few more countries like western Europe.

Then some other contracts were signed and AppWorld was available in more countries, but only for downloading free applications.

One can regret that those things take (far too much) time, but that is not a global scheme to block any users. It's just a money thing between RIM and the local carriers.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat Misr

Hi Costas, I managed to run BB App World on my Etisalat BB9700. If you are still interested please let me know. Regards
My Device: bb bold 9700

can u help me plz I'm using etisalat sim in egypt ?? thx in advance

Guru I

simba200474 wrote:

can u help me plz I'm using etisalat sim in egypt ?? thx in advance

Please read the following article from the public knowledge base:

KB17659 Minimum requirements for BlackBerry App World

--> BlackBerry App World is not available in all Countries. A list of supported Countries can be found here.

My Device: blackberry 9800 torch

hey 

can i ask how u managed to use app world thru ur etisalat sim ?!