Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Creating Mobile call report

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this development platform. We have a need to create for our sales force a call report form on their Black Berries. This will enable the sales force to submit their Sales call details to our server. I know we have to create the form in Visual Studio. We have VS 2008

Here are my requirements for a configuration side

1.      What do I need to have on the VS Side?

2.      What do I need to configure on the BB Enterprise server side?

3.      What do I need to do if we want to use the push services?

Here are my requirements from the development side

1.        The form will have a drop down control for customers. This drop down need to be preloaded for the customer specific to the sales person not all the customers. In other words my BB should show only my customer list not customers belonging to other sales personal. How do I do this?

2.        What is the best method to retrieve data from the source?   Data source or web services ?

3.        If the phone is out of signal range. How do I programmatically queue the form submission and send them when there signal strength is good.

4.        The form is designed with header and details. The header has the date, customer and sales person name etc. The detail form will have the call details. When the user navigates from form to form, how do I retain the header details until the form is submitted? Do we have to cache the form until the data is submitted? If so how do I do this?

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Surkum

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Creating Mobile call report

Hi welcome to the BlackBerry support community!

This is not the development forum. You need to post in appropriate board for getting a quick response to your query. However, I give some info on your query. Last month I met one application provider from Australia in WES 2009.They developed an application called mCaller specific to cater sales force supervision needs. You can check that apps at -

http://www.mcaller.com  or    sales@mcaller.com

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Tanzim,

Thanks for the info. BTW what is the appropriate forum that I should post this?

Thanks

Surkum

Message Edited by Surkum on 06-02-2009 10:43 AM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

I could have post the link for you...anyway I see you've already found the right location. Smiley Happy

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
New Developer

[ Edited ]

Tanzim,

We are trying to develop this application using C#. Can you guide me where I can get the developers guide?   I found the  plug in for Visual Studio 2008  on the BB site, but when I installed it  the BB plugin in sits directly under C++.  Is it correct?

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Surkum 

Message Edited by Surkum on 06-03-2009 08:01 AM