Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: playbook OS2
My Carrier: bell aliant

Downloads

Hi, I'm new to blackberry playbook. I've tried downloading different things and I get a message after a few seconds that says download complete but when I go to open them it says unable to find default app. This happens with everything I try to download. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong or did I forget to do something I should have. Your help would be very appreciated cause I'm starting to get frustrated.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Downloads

How are you downloading different things? Using App World??? There shouldn't be any issue with downloading and use of apps! Have a reset to you PlayBook and try again. Please also let know what apps you're trying to use and facing issues.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

For instance, I was trying to download a player to watch streaming movies from my browser and after a few seconds it said download complete so I tried to open it and I got a message which said unable to find default app. It seems to no matter what I try to download I get the same message.

Elite II

What player (application) is that? Did you download using app world?

tanzim                                                                                  

New Contributor

No I did not try to download from app world, I just tried to download from Google

Elite II

Apps from Google will not work in BlackBerry. You need to download apps from BlackBerry App World.

tanzim