Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Entering BlackBerry ID username after trying to login with BlackBerry ID email??

Just like the title says.. I go to login with my email and password then a pop up comes up and reads something like 'please use the ID username associated with this email'. I don't know what that is or where to type it in? Please help I haven't been able to log into the App World for a few years now. Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Entering BlackBerry ID username after trying to login with BlackBerry ID email??

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, from what you've provided (including "something like"...), there are several possibilities. Can you perhaps provide the exact information? The exact steps you take (please start from the homescreen) along with the exact results of each step. Also, the exact content of that pop up message...

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Entering BlackBerry ID username after trying to login with BlackBerry ID email??

well i just deleted the blackberry app world so im going to re-install it and take it from there. ill let you know whats going on when i get it started up again. thank you!