Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: 770-403-1333

Expensify App

I am trying to download the Expensify App via my telephone as well as online through the BlackBerry App World. I have installed the software from Blackberry to install the software onto my phone via internet as well.

When using the phone to download, after starting the download I get to approximately 425k and get the repsonse:

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

When using my desktop and the BlackBerry software:

"There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry World. Please try again."

These are the same repsonses over and over again.

Any ideas, other than upgrade the phone! I like it and it does everything I need it to do!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Expensify App

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for your response. Yes I tried the sequence to clear the cache repeatedly. No joy to report. Still getting the same response as mentioned earlier at approximately 425k of the 912k.

I am using the BlackBerry Curve 8310 and it is running the 4.5 as stated with the Expensify program as being compatible. If the download would complete either using the phone or via the computer it would be great. But it times out on both.

Next suggestion please? I have contacted Expensify and they say that it's not their problem and I should be contact BB Support.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Strictly on-device, it's possible that your connectivity times out or something, and the download fails. Then again, since it fails at exactly the same place every time, that theory actually becomes less likely.

But, when you tether (USB) to your computer and attempt to use the PC/Browser method to install the app to your BB, you get a different error. Unfortunately, with exactly the words you provided in your first post ("There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry World. Please try again."), I don't find any results at all in the public KBs for exactly those words...are you sure those are the exact words?

Further, at exactly what point in attempting with this method (PC/USB/Browser) does the error present? Further still, are you able to do other thing with BBWorld via this method -- can you please try installing some free app just to make sure that the method works, in general?

Further again still, can you try, via the on-device interface, to install some free app...again, just to be sure that this method is actually functional (in general).

If you can use both methods to successfully install other things, yet still cannot install this one app, then I would suggest you re-contact the developer...they have a dedicated Vendor Portal for making inquiries to BlackBerry. End Users must go through their mobile service provider and be escalated to BlackBerry in order to receive any formal support (which this site is NOT). So, if the developer is interested in supporting their customers, they should I would hope be motivated to utilize their vendor portal to help escalate this situation. Otherwise, you will have to contact your mobile service provider for formal support and escalation up to BlackBerry.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yes, I am able to download other software to my device via the device and via the desktop. Since I have already contacted Expensify about this issue and they said it was a Blackberry App World having the problem not their issue. A likely story of pass the buck if you ask me. So, I guess that I need to contact my mobile carrier at this time to see if this issue can be isolated by them and then escallated.

Thank you again.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have also recontacted the Vendor of Expensify to see if this problem can be investigated from their end.