Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook Application - cannot connect

I downloaded the Facebook application from the Blackberry site.  Whenever I try to connect I get an error message that says "A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server".  I checked with my company and they told me they don't block the use of any applications on Blackberries.  Any suggestions?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Facebook Application - cannot connect

Yeah you need to muck around with it a bit to get it working.

1. Enable your service for blackberry web, thatll send down that IPPP for 5 click.

2. Delete your desktop IPPP service book, leaving just that other IPPP book.

3. Hard reset. (making sure the device is turned ON when you take the battery out)

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

Thank you. This is a dumb question, but can you expand on what exactly I have to do? I'm not that swift.
New Contributor

I have an IPPP for 5 Click already. Is it the IPPP for BIBS that I need to delete and then reset?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Sorry for the late reply, yes delete the ippp for bibs and then pull out battery whilst phone is still turned on..
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

I'm getting not able to get certification approval or something to that effect?  can't connect because of it.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem too. Could you explain it in more detail - Where do I "enable the service for blackberry web"? Do I open web browser? What's IPPP?

Sorry for the dumb quesion Smiley Tongue

BTW I'm using Curve 8530.

Thanks!

My Device: Blackberry curve 8830
My Carrier: Verizon

I have done the above twice and still get the error message when I try to post a picture to FB.  I am able to get messages though!  This is totally frustrating, can you help?

New Contributor
My Device: 8330 curve
My Carrier: verizon

I have had this problem for a long time, have searched for answers and tried everything. Nothing has worked. smaller pictures sometimes go thru. today I got it to upload a bigger picture by going to the mobile site (not through the facebook app) and uploaded a photo there and it worked. Not easy like it would be if the app worked, but atleast i could finally upload a pic to facebook!

Hope this works for you.

Sheree

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2- 9550
My Carrier: Fido

Try downgrading the OS. I have OS5 on Storm 2 and had a similar problem and tried everything untill I downgrade the OS and things went back to normal.

I hope this helps.

Hasan