Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: My Maxis

Facebook For Blackberry!

RIM isn't it time for you guys to provide another Facebook client? Like Ubertwitter for Twitter! If there isn't no one on sight at least try and bring an upgrade version of this stupid one-page one we already have.
kaysteady
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Facebook For Blackberry!

FYI, Ubertwitter is created by another developer, not RIM.  The major problem for developers is gaining access to the APIs that would allow them to develop a fully featured alternative.  Given that the APIs are provided by Facebook, you might actually want to ask Facebook why they don't make it easier for other developers to develop Facebook app alternatives.

As a heads up, there are other apps out there that provide Facebook access.  One such example is SocialScope, which is in a private beta.

It's very easy for you to be critical when you don't understand how things work.  It might help in the future to do some research to determine what RIM is and is not responsible for.  And if you didn't see the notice on the BlackBerry Facebook page, RIM has Facebook v1.9 on BlackBerry Beta Zone.  That sounds like an update is coming to me...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA

Re: Facebook For Blackberry!

1.9 will allow us to search for and add people who are not currently in our friends, yes? That's a huge improvement over the current version that only lets you interact with people in your friends. Now if they would support video uploads via the app and Facebook Chat, we would be 100%.

BlackBerry Curve 8530
Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA
16 GB microSDHC card installed