Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry TORCH
My Carrier: 3 Mobile/ Vodafone

Facebook Notifications

Hi Guys,

Im having massive issues with the new facebook application. Im not receiving any notifications or messages anymore. The only way I can see and read new messages in my facebook app is by going into the messages menu and refreshing the page and then usually new messages pop up, but they dont show up on itself anymore, I also dont get any notifications about wall posts or chat messages anymore.

Im on a new blackberry Torch with the lates OS version, already uninstalled and reinstalled the latest verison of facebook but its no good.

This is exteremely annoying, I wonder when they will finally get their stuff together and make an app that actually works fine, the facebook for blackberry app has always been buggy/slow and had nowhere nearly the same functionality as the iphone one.

is anyone else experienceing those issues ?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Re: Facebook Notifications

I have the exact opposite problem.

I can not find out how to turn OFF emails from Facebook to my Bold

Highlighted
New Contributor

you tried the email notifications option in the facebook menu obviously ?

i think there is an option on the facebook website itself as well under settings somewhere, where you can turn off notificatiosn to mobile devices.

My Device: Bold9700
My Carrier: Rogers

The missing notifications is a HUGE problem. If you look in the comments on Appworld in your phone, every 2nd person has the same complaint. Personal Inbox messages do not appear unless you open the Inbox and stare at it for a while, forcing the app to do an update at FB.

I have found that if I do a battery pull, notifications appear after the reboot. It's a stupid solution, but may provide a clue for a developer to diagnose the situation.

More annoying is that no tech support person at RIM seems to be willing to acknowledge the problem exists.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

agreed, it makes the whole facebook application pretty much useless....and whats more frustrating is that these problems existed in previous versions too....how hard can it be to make the facebook for blackberry app finally fully functional ? it works without problems on the iphone....how much harder can it be to do it for us blackberry users too ?

the batttery pull works for me too but only for a little while, usually wiht a lot of messages/ notificatiosn coming in it ceases to work after an hour or so and its back to nothingness.

im based in australia and I know several blackberry users here with the same problem, it cant be a carrier/ handset specific problem, it must be somethign related to the app directly. i hope they get this fixed soon.