Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900 & Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Facebook application is not refreshing neews feed on Playbook 64GB

Hi!

I have just got a Playbook 64GB with the latest OS on it (it downloaded after full wipe). It comes with native facebook client.

However, after signing I browsed it for 1 day approx, and then I started realizing it is not refreshing the neews feed at all. I tried to log out, and delete the app and then reainstalll from appworld, but the issue comes back again. It only keeps showing me 1 feed from one of my contacts and thats it. I pull down to refresh butbut nothing happens.

Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

Cheers,

Breaker

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Facebook application is not refreshing neews feed on Playbook 64GB

do you see more when you use the browser and go to http://touch.facebook.com/ ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900 & Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Sorry I didn't catch your reply so far.

I tried touch.facebok.com but it gives an "error at line xx" error, something is unreadable for the PB browser, or the facebook devs screwed up something...

Anyway I still dont see the profile pics, which gives me the impression that blackberry has given up the development for playbook. I am selling it at the moment.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if you sell it, then you won't have this issue anymore Smiley Happy

but the picture issue is on facebook side (they did not renew all their security certificates, and they now are considered insecure by your BlackBerry tablet, the solution is to configure Facebook to not force usage of those deprecated certificates).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: