Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Facebook

I just downloaded facebook on my storm. It is there under applications. I don't seem to be able to find it. What happened to it? It is not in downloads.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Facebook

[ Edited ]

Its in your application folder. Thats where I found mine

Edit: Not your application center folder, your actual application folder

Message Edited by SNS2377 on 02-13-2009 11:01 PM
Developer

So it's not on the home screen? Why did I need to download it? Couldn't I have gone to the web and opened it?

What if I want to use it. Do I still need to go to the web. I thought it would be an application on the desk top?

I am confused.Smiley Surprised

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
It's mostly to see updates and comments.  You can push "Go to Link" to see the page
Message Edited by Gravitystorm on 02-13-2009 11:22 PM
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hey susieq, if you want it on your home screen, you can most definitely put it there.  Just find the icon, highlight it, press the BB Menu button, select Move to Folder, move it to Home, then go back to your home screen, scroll to the very last icon (which will be Facebook), highlight it, press the BB Menu button, and you can now move it to where ever you like (if you want it to be the first icon, just move it up there.  Once you've scrolled and highlighted the location you want it, just click the screen to finalize the move.

You can then have the Facebook application in an easily accessible space.  And by using this application, any time anyone sends you a message, request, etc (depending on your Facebook notification setup), you'll get a buzz and a Facebook symbol show up on your home screen.

If you have any other questions on how to use it, feel free to ask!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Developer

I know how to move the application on the home screen. That is not the problem. I can only see it on the internal list of applications. It is not in any of the folders on my home screen. I do not see the icon anywhere?  I got a reply from someone else that said the same thing see my replies. If you know where the symbol for facebook is please tell me.
Elite I

It seems that you have a case of the invisible icon!  While in the home screen with all the icons, try pressing the BB Menu button and try pressing Show All.  It's hopefully just hidden.  If that doesn't work, go to the Applications folder and try the same.  Barring that, my suggestion is to use the BB Desktop Manager to remove the application, then reinstall it directly from the Facebook site.

The other alternative is that your phone is missing the Facebook service book.  Try resending your service books.  (I just checked my service books and I do indeed have one for Facebook).  If you want to check which service books are on your phone, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.  You can then scroll through the list for "Facebook [BrowserConfig]".  If that service book is missing, that's likely the problem (icons only show if you have the service book for that application).

I hope one of these resolves the problem.  Keep me posted!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Developer

Found it Thanks AgainSmiley Happy
Elite I

Glad to be of help!  And even more glad you found it! Smiley Happy

thank you, i was having the same problem and i just found it in the folder as well.