Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Facebook

I upgraded Facebook (to 4.1.0.19) on my 9800 this week and now when I load it, none of the menu functions (people, notifications etc) work at all and when I toggle out of Facebook to the BB home screen I get the following message:  "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"  I've deleted/uninstalled a couple of times but with no joy - any ideas please?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Facebook

Hi bnsmith

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you already tried reinstalling Facebook application and still getting the same java error message then probably its a Device Software issue , Sometime because of such error the device OS itself got corrupted and then we had to Reload the OS to fix such glitches .

To do that first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software then refer to this Knowledge Base to reload the OS :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After reload you can try this new version of facebook , I hope you won't receive the same error again. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TMN

Re: Facebook

I have the same problem, but the message is lost connection with wi-fi

Since thar upgrade, also the twitter was affected and the acesso to blackberry world is not easy, most of the time because it says lost connection wiht wi-fi (but i have acess to net, i have feeds)

:smileymad: