Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Not Specified

How do I get the key so I can use the software I've purchased?

[ Edited ]
I purchased RDM+ Remote Desktop Software from App World on April 17 of this year. I used the paypal account: {removed personal info}. The transaction ID according to paypal is{removed personal info}. At the end of April, my new Storm proved to be defective. I exchanged it for a new one, and reinstalled RDM+ using the key that used to be listed in the My Apps section of App World. I just installed the new OS that came out for the Storm and now RDM+ requires a key. However, the key is not listed in App World anymore. I emailed the company with my information but they can't find me in their database. This is likely because I registered with the first defective phone. They suggested contact RIMM. How do I get the key so I can use the software I've purchased? This is highly frustrating.
Message Edited by MichelleK on 06-22-2009 09:54 AM
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How do I get the key so I can use the software I've purchased?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here are the instructions for acquiring previously purchased software via AppWorld:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/7268/Re-install_an_item_on_a_different_device_643962_11.js...

If your app is still not listed there, then you should contact storefrontmanager@rim.com for assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code