Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Not Specified

I am a fido subscriber. I currently have a value pack fo...

I am a fido subscriber. I currently have a value pack for $15 that includes a blackberry messenger application. However BBM does not show up on the phone which i curently have. I have a Blackberry curve 8310 - issued from T-Mobile. What can I do in order to receive BBM. Fido claims that they can do nothing to troubleshoot the phone.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I am a fido subscriber. I currently have a value pack fo...

Hi there!

There are a few things to try...

With your BB tethered to your PC, try going to this site:

See if it will allow you to update your device software -- BBM is one of the core apps but you might have to expand the advanced options or settings so as to check the necessary box to add BBM back to your device.

Your desktop software also can do the same thing.

Otherwise, there are a multitude of questions/answers to go through to help you out, but those won't work unless you come to the forums and register an account. Please come to:

and register an account. Then post to the applicable forum.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I am a fido subscriber. I currently have a value pack fo...

Its not fido trust me I also have fido. But EVERY SINGLE blackberry should have blackberry messanger but try pressing menu then show all when you are t viewing the apps in the 2nd main menu. And that's all I can say otherwise describe everything you did and how you did it or anything you did that might of caused the problem.