Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I purchased Ascendo Data Vault, order (removed personal information) for PI...

[ Edited ]
I purchased Ascendo Data Vault, (removed personal information) but never got a registration key and your system is telling me the PIN is not any good?
Message Edited by thundergeek on 07-29-2009 09:40 AM
Message Edited by thundergeek on 07-29-2009 09:40 AM
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I purchased Ascendo Data Vault, order (removed personal information) for PI...

Hi there!

For registration key information, see this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18646

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

Re: I purchased Ascendo Data Vault, order (removed personal information) for PI...

Thank you for the response. When I go to my world, there is no record that I downloaded this program. All of the others are there. However, I do have the program loaded and have information already stored. The problem is that the program is listed as a 30 day trial. I do have the paypal receipt and the blackberry receipt and thought a quck phone call would solve the problem but it looks like that won't happen.
Hall of Famer II

Hi!

Thanks for coming back and continuing the same thread -- that helps more than you know!

It is interesting..while I don't have any experience with the app you describe, it is supposed to work as documented in the KB. I hate to be dense, but I can't tell from your words -- did you just go to MyWorld or did you actually log in once you got there? You have to log in so that you can see the apps you paid for...just going to MyWorld only shows (I think) the free apps you've installed. Here's the instructions just in case:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/7268/Re-install_an_item_on_a_different_d...

If you've done that already and it's not showing, then  I'd suggest a couple of things...

1) Contact the app developer -- see if they have record of your purchase and can somehow validate that they sent the key into AppWorld properly. If they can simply provide you the key, then even better!

2) If they can provide you with information that the key was properly sent to AppWorld (but won't provide you with it), then we need you to open a ticket in the following way:

Go to this URL:
https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. We know of some problems with that site concerning it not validating PINs properly (it refuses me, for instance!). The alternative we've so far been given is to then use the AppWorld - General selection on that same form.

If that does not work, then please let us know here and we'll see what more we can do.

Cheers!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

Hey, thank you for the help.  By following your instructions I was able to solve the problem.  I really apreciate it.

mjj

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

You are most welcome! Cheers!