Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Visitor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom
Accepted Solution

Identity theft on Blackberry world

My 11 year old daughter is receiving emails "confirmation of purchase" from Blackberry world with a purchase number , an order date, an amount, etc...

She doesnt even have a Blackberry, even less a Blackberry account or a bank account to pay.

I can not find a way to "contact Blackberry" to know who has "theft" her identity, who is actually paying for these purchases and to prevent any other harm.

I only found that someone created an account with my daughter's email as the account email.

Does anybody knows how to deal with this situation.

Cyrille

a worried father

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Identity theft on Blackberry world

I'll flag your issue to the attention of someone who might be able to help you. I'll make no promises of a satisfactory outcome, all I can do is bring it to the attention of certain people.

Keep your eye on this thread for further developments. Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Identity theft on Blackberry world

Hi @CyrilleBellaiche 

To help me better understand what’s occurring, what type of purchase receipts is she receiving? I assume these are application and game purchase from BlackBerry World?

Are you able to send me a private message and let me know what her email address is as well? Thanks!

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog