Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Looking for, news video app, kinda like VCast TV

So I'm using a Blackberry Storm 9530 with 5.0 software; I visited MSNBC mobile on my cell browser of course and saw an article about the recent quake in Chile; I wanted to view a video of it but alas my phone said "error playing file".  so I'm thinking that perhaps my phone didnt support the format they uploaded?

Any rate I am wondering if there is a compatible Video player that will play News related media.  I know theres VCast TV, or VCast Videos but I would really hate to pay 10 dollars or whatever a month for a product that I wont be using that much. So I am curious if any app exists. I guess I'll pay 10 dollars for a lifetime use of an app but not 10 dollars a month.  I mainly want to be able to watch news media when I want at my convenience and my have my media player play it without giving me any errors such as "unable to play media file"

Any ideas?  Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Looking for, news video app, kinda like VCast TV

you can try the two free browsers :

• OperaMini
  • BOLT Browser

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: