Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Smartphone
My Carrier: ATT

Missing Facebook Icon

Cannot start Facebook because icon has gone missing.  Just installed version 3.2.0.12.  Tried 5x, each time searching the downloads folder, applications folder, and everywhere else cannot find a facebook icon for starting facebook.  Please help.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

Re: Missing Facebook Icon

I have the same issue.  I need an answer as well.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

krl73 wrote:

Cannot start Facebook because icon has gone missing.  Just installed version 3.2.0.12.  Tried 5x, each time searching the downloads folder, applications folder, and everywhere else cannot find a facebook icon for starting facebook.  Please help.

Hello krl73 and beeegee and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones application.

What version of software are you using on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700?

After completing the application installation, are you completing a device reboot?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I'm on OS5 for the 9700.  I have done a reboot.  It does appear to be installed.  When I go to setting - options-applications-add-on, the updated facebook version appears there.  It's just not anywhere on the phone where it can be launched.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Where you see Facebook installed, delete it and reboot.

On your device browser go to www.blackberry.com/facebook and reinstall it and if prompted to reboot, please do so.

Once you are backup and running, check your Downloads and Applications folder for Facebook.

Let me know if it returns.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Deleted the FB version that was last downloaded.  Rebooted.  Checked in settings-options-applications-add-ons.  It was no longer there as well, so no version on the device.

Then followed your directions above with a reboot.  The FB app did not appear in the applications folder.  I do not have a "downloads" folder as an option.  I looked in files from device memory and nothing there.  However the download did appear when I go into settings-options-applications-add-ons.  I can't launch the application from here however.

Any other ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I have done all of these steps but still cannot find my facebook icon.

It is not in downloads or applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Smartphone

OS = 5.1.0.112

I've repeated the steps numerous times over:  install, reboot, find no icon but do find fb listed under installed apps.  Delete app, reboot, install, reboot, find no icon but do find fb listed under installed apps.  Repeat.  Madness.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Both of you have a look on your homescreen to make sure you haven't accidentally hidden the icon.  While on your homescreen, press the menu key and select Show All or Unhide All if either option is available.

Please post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

No luck....but thanks