10-05-2009 08:15 PM
I tried all your solutions that I found regarding this issue here before finding out about the other one, so thank you.
On another note a bit off topic (my apologies), I was trying to send a question to in a PM, but apparently I'm not allowed to do that yet. My question is, do RIM techs come here to the forums or do they have a thread in which they do come to?
RIM folks sometimes come here, but it is not to be expected. These are user-to-user support forums, not a user-to-RIM channel. Sometimes they will show up if there is something specific that they are researching, but it should not be expected. RIM does not provide front-line support...by contract, that is done by the carriers.
10-05-2009 10:35 PM
I used the Paypal fix, and it worked perfectly. I selected an app to purchase, logged in to Paypal, and it immediately showed me a message that the currency in my App World would be changed to US dollars. I then clicked on "Cancel" in Paypal to stop my pseudo purchase, was returned to App World, and found, indeed, that the prices were all in dollars.
Thanks for the help!
10-06-2009 08:08 AM
On my Tour on Verizon Wireless, pulling the sim card works as long as you don't put it back it. I did and Euros reappeared. I did the trick of opening App World, selecting a paid app to purchase, was prompted to log into my PayPal account, and it gave the notice it was changing the default currency setting. I then cancelled the transaction and viola, the fix was permanent. No more Euros. Thanks to all who found this solution.
10-07-2009 11:34 AM
The problem with the paypal fix is that although the prices go back to dollars, the app still thinks it is in Europe.
As such, apps like DubMeNow, that are only indicated for use in the USA and Canada, cannot be found in the AppStore.
Once the sim card is removed from my Tour, then I can have prices in dollars and N. American apps like Dub.
10-08-2009 10:58 AM
10-08-2009 01:11 PM
When will there be an update to fix this issue without having to remove the sim card? I need to keep my sim card installed and I know RIM is working on the issue, just wondering how soon the update will come..
Hi and Welcome to the Forums!
There are actually several workarounds you can try...many are reporting full resolution by doing everything in the first solution (thereby negating the need to attempt any of the other resolutions).
1) Log into MyWorld with your PayPal credentials...some have reported this to clear things up. Additionally, if you actually make a purchase attempt, it has been reported that the currency then shifts to match your PayPal currency.
2) Remove and re-install AppWorld.
3) If you are on VZW, then a work around is to remove your SIM from your BB. On VZW, the SIM is not needed for anything; I've been running without mine for months just fine.
4) If you are not on VZW yet are on another CDMA carrier, you can try removing the SIM as well...but I am not positive that works OK with all other CDMA carriers. If you are not on a CDMA carrier, then we presently have no workaround for you.
5) If these remedies don't work and/or you are on any carrier other than VZW, please post and identify your carrier so that RIM can more fully research the issue.