Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

NEW FB App BUG

I think there is a glitch in the new FB application with the synchronization. I like that it automatically connects FB and BB contacts. BUT - when you manually connect them, it says "Connect to BB contact" and then you find the contact in your BB and voila - connected - BUT BUT BUT then FB sends you a notification telling you that you've "REQUESTED" their phone number!!!  I didn't request anything and I don't want a notification sent to simply sychronize with information that I already have.
New Contributor

Re: NEW FB App BUG

Saw the same thing here, unfortunately it was after I tried to sync a bunch of contacts before I realized my friends were being sent these requests.  It even sent them to people that already had a phone number listing in my BB Contacts.

Any way to sync contacts without bothering my friends with a request, RIM?

New Contributor

The new version that was released tonight (1.5.0.32) does NOT fix the issue.  :-(

Strike two!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I think I found a way to fix this.

Last night I installed 1.5.0.32 over top of 1.5.0.31.  Today I completely uninstalled Facebook from my device and re-installed 1.5.0.32.  I am now being prompted to send a phone number request instead of the application simply doing it automatically.

I think it's weird that simply installing over top of an older version would not fix the issue, but I guess the process is not clean when done that way.

Give that a try to see if that fixes it.