Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

This solution is obviously and completely out of date -- can someone please update it? I downloaded BB App World 3.1.0.30 last week and the Icon then disappeared.  I posted here but got minimal response.  Today I saw that BB App World 3.1.1.21 isnow available, so I downloaded it, thinking it would solve the problem.  Wrong -- the Icon still does not show up and, as a result, I still cannot access App World.  

This is really incomprehensibly annoying.  I am running BB Version 5.0.0.296.  Both last week and now with this new download, I notice that when I reboot I get an error message that appears to be related that reads:  Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClass DefFoundError.  I see other posts here where people have the identical problem -- will someone from Blackberry please help?!?!?!?!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hi SpockM,

I was having same issues and wasnt getting much help from this section so i started my own help topic and the reply i got fixed my problem, here it is:

Can you remove app world and reinstall?

Remove apps:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/07/how-to-delete-blackberry-apps/

install:

Go to mobile.blackberry.com from your phone and click visit blackberry app world

New Contributor

Thanks debbieg12; really appreciate the response.  I'd actually already removed and reinstalled a number of times, to no avail.  So I'm assuming there has to be something else that needs to be done here.   But I do appreciate your weighing in.  Any more ideas?

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

SpockM wrote:

Thanks debbieg12; really appreciate the response.  I'd actually already removed and reinstalled a number of times, to no avail.  So I'm assuming there has to be something else that needs to be done here.   But I do appreciate your weighing in.  Any more ideas?

Please look at Options > Advanced > Applications.

Is AppWorld showing as installed?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, it is showing as installed.  Specifically, from the home screen, I go to:  Settings > Options > Applications > Add-on.  At the top of the list it says Blackberry App World 3.1.1.21.  When I highlight and select that listing it goes to a more detailed page for that app, with buttons to either Delete or Edit Permissions, with a date of installation (March 3, when I reinstalled) and indicating a "Size" of 2462144 Bytes.  So it's there.  But no icon on the home page or anywhere else and no way to access it. 

And you've check your Downloads folder or pane?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes, I've checked the home screen, the Downloads folder, and every other folder.  I've checked the "Hide" option to confirm that no icons are hidden and "Show All" is checked everywhere.   The App World icon is nowhere to be found.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

I got a new version of App World yesterday - maybe try downloading this latest version - hope it works for you...

SpockM wrote:

Yes, I've checked the home screen, the Downloads folder, and every other folder.  I've checked the "Hide" option to confirm that no icons are hidden and "Show All" is checked everywhere.   The App World icon is nowhere to be found.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now, see if you can find the AW icon.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

I follow the Forum instructions with no luck.  Hardware is a 9800 Torch using IOS 6.9 Bundle 2647.

Application World installed is 3.1.1.21 and yes I have de-installed and installed again with no luck !
It is there...somewhere but I can not find it. I am a BES and BIS User so wipe-out for me is not really an option I would need to an Enterprise Activation Server as well.

Show ALL does not show the icon anywhere.

When I go toe application it is stated the install date but also the never used

Yes it was working fine until the App World was upgraded.

Any advice much appreciatted