Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Ruggers

Oswald Designs - purchased app but now getting spammed.

I purchased an App from Oswald designs and am not getting spammed.

Can I stop the spam without removing their application?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Oswald Designs - purchased app but now getting spammed.

Even if you could, if you're sure the app is the cause of unwanted messages...get rid of the app and be sure to post a negative review of it on BlackBerry World. No app is worth the hassle of spam and you need to let people know about it. But to answer your question, it depends what kind of spam you're talking about. Are you getting unwanted emails? Is it text messages? Are you getting some type of pop-ups on your device? You might be able to stop it by getting rid of the app but I still say even if there's no guarantee of it, get rid of the app and write a negative review.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks, The spam is exactly for other Oswald software.  It seems to be a BBM format and not a text message.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave up and deleted my paid app from Oswald.  They do not respond to my messages so my only option is to delete their application.  I have not even used it.