Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

Suggest everyone send as many complaints as possible to appworldsupport@blackberry.com

New Contributor

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

Never mind my last post, that email goes nowhere.  It just auto replies with a message to look at the useless FAQ and self help on this site.

New Contributor

Finally solved my problem!  My login ID for BlackBerry ID and PayPal were exactly the same.  I changed the Blackberry ID to a different email address, and just like that I am in.  No more problem.  I hope this also helps others.

New Contributor
My Device: 9650

@wilarmstrong, I am glad it finally worked out for you.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem with the Torch. PLease can anybody help here?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

does not work for me. I used my google account for the id.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

I'm having this problem as well.  It blows that nobody is helping us, I've lost all my apps.

Their twitter account seems to be pretty active, let's overwhelm their twitter account with our error.

Here's my message:

http://twitter.com/yoyoplay

@BlackBerryHelp Help! Cannot migrate purchased apps with 2.0, keep getting PayPal service error 30972! Lost all apps :( http://bit.ly/cJhGNd

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

IT WORKS!

I dident do anything diffrent today, Just had time to kill and tried it again and it works.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Same 30972 error for me Smiley Sad no change.

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: T- Mobile

I think I have the answer to everyones question, but don't think everyone will be happy. In my case, the user purchased an app using a paypal account, not their own. It seems that the apps world recognizes the account and throws out the error.

I have not tried it yet because I do not know how to get the app back just yet, but my guess is to delete the software associated to the paypal account and then register the new paypal back in.

Problem would be the loss of the app.

STUPID BLACKBERRY USING PAYPAL!!!! Smiley Sad